International Guide of the Year
1. A commitment to high ethical standards and sportsmanship
2. The esteem in which the guide is held by the hunting community and his/her peers
3. The willingness to go the last mile to ensure a quality hunting experience for his/her clients
4. Knowledge of the country that he/she hunts and the wild game animals in habiting that country
5. An unfailing sense of humor
6. A high work ethic and dedication to the health, safety, and well being of his/her clients.
This award will only be given if warranted. No more than one award will be given in a year. The selection process and timelines associated with this award are as follows. Nominations will be solicited from the WSF membership and provided to the International Awards Committee no later than four (4) months prior to the convention. The International Awards Committee will select a winner and will forward their recommendation to the Board for final approval. The selection and Board approval is to be completed three (3) months prior to the convention. In general, we will require the awardee to be present at the convention to receive the award. This timeline gives us three (3) months to contact the person to ensure they will attend and to make alternate plans if they will not.