|Sheep||Rifle Minimum||Archery Minimum|
|Rocky Mountain Bighorn||175||140|
California Bighorn Sheep are not recognized by either B&C or P&Y, therefore the minimum scores are established by the Awards Committee. Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards will be given for each sheep in both the Rifle and Archery categories. Sheep submitted that meet the minimum score, but are not in the top three will receive Honorable Mention. In addition to these awards, Ram Awards of Excellence maybe given. Awards of Excellence are determined by the WSF Awards committee and are reserved for the truly exceptional animals – usually a new world record.
Rules and Regulations Rules & Regulations
- Only official 60-day dry scores will be considered. Green Scores will not be accepted.
- Rams Taken after July 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018 will be eligible for the 2018-19 Ram Awards Program. The absolute deadline for the 2019 Convention will be December 1st, 2018. *Rams that have already received a WSF awards will not be eligible.
- An official Boone & Crockett Scorer must score rams taken by a firearm and the entry must be on an official B&C score sheet.
- An official Pope & Young Scorer must score rams taken by archery and the entry must be on an official P&Y score sheet.
- A photograph of the sheep (acceptable for public viewing) must accompany an official B&C or P&Y score sheet.
- All entries must have the name of the outfitters and guides if they were used. Hunters entering MUST be a MEMBER in good standing of WSF PRIOR to the hunt.
- California bighorn sheep must have certification from the Fish and Game Department that identifies the ram as a “California Bighorn.”
Youth awards recognize the WSF members under 18 years of age who have legally and ethically harvested North American Sheep in a free range environment. Youth Awards of Excellence will be given to those who have harvested a sheep meeting the Ram Award minimum scores. The rules and regulations associated with the Ram Awards apply to the Youth Awards. For Youth Awards, a score sheet is required, but it does not have to be an official score sheet. For Youth Awards of Excellence official score sheets are required.