Volunteer arrival to general project area:
Friday, August 7th - Arrive at or near the Miracle Mile/Seminoe Mountain/Seminoe Reservoir area of the North Platte River.
• This area, managed by the Bureau of Reclamation, has an abundance of “non-fee” camping location that will accommodate all space needs (i.e. large camp trailers to small sites suitable for tents). Please note this is a very popular destination for recreational fishing and there are no guarantees on total availability.
• There is an abundance of BLM (public land) adjacent to the Miracle Mile locations that allows dispersed camping.
• Additional improved camping facilities are available on the North side of the mountain and associated with Seminoe State Park. The nearest sites, for camping along Seminoe Reservoir, to the project site are the North and South Red Hills campgrounds. Please note that improved sight camping within Seminoe State Park “are” fee sights ($15.00/night) and due to CoVid-19 restrictions currently require reservations (307)320-3013.
Guzzler project construction:
Saturday, August 8th 7:30 am – Meet near the Miracle Mile bridge on the North Platte River for group travel to the project locations at 8:00 am. Those camping on the South side of the Seminoe Mountains, near Seminoe State Park, can choose to meet at the Miracle Mile Bridge or at the project access turn/road located South of the bridge. The project location access turn/road will be flagged and signed to ensure its identification.
• Volunteers will be divided in to two groups and both guzzler sight rebuild projects will be attempted on Saturday.
• All required project construction materials and tools will be onsite and provided by the project proponent – Rawlins BLM Office.
• Volunteers will be responsible for providing their individual needs of food and water during the workday.
• Volunteers will be required to provide their own Personal Protective Equipment (i.e. gloves, long sleeve shirts, pants, boots, sunblock, safety eyewear).
Saturday, August 8th Evening Sponsored by WY-WSF
• WY-WSF provides the evening meal – utensils and napkins provided.
RSVP to Joni Miller – firstname.lastname@example.org 307-332-9119
Plaque placement – Ferris Mountain Miner Creek Guzzler:
Sunday, August 9th 7:30 am – Meet near the Miracle Mile bridge on the North Platte River. Depart for the Miner Creek – Ferris Mountain Guzzler @ 8:00 am. Travel to the Miner Creek Guzzler location from Miracle Mile will require UTV/ATV equipment as the route requires navigation of some wet meadow and sandy sites – if you have one please bring it. Travel arrangements/permissions have been acquired to allow access via deeded lands owned by Pathfinder Ranches and managed by Two Crosses Grazing Association, LLC.
8:00 AM – Depart Miracle Mile area for Ferris Mountain Miner Creek guzzler area
9:30 AM – Arrive at the Miner Creek Guzzler Location
10:00 AM – Begin Walking to plaque placement location (.3-mile hike)
10:30 AM – Arrive at plaque placement location and begin erecting plaque
11:30 AM – Completion of plaque placement
12:00 AM – Arrive back at UTV/ATVs and begin return trip to Miracle Mile
1:30 PM – Return to Miracle Mile camp area
2:00 PM – Volunteers break camp and begin return trip home