G.C.F. Dalziel Outstanding Guide Award
The WSF Outstanding Guide Award is presented annually to a North American guide (one who is not an outfitter). The winner shall have been nominated for the Award by a current member of WSF, and selected to receive the Award by a committee that has been designated by the WSF Board of Directors. Preference will be given to a sheep guide.
Among the criteria the committee will consider are the following:
1. A deep commitment to high ethical standards and sportsmanship.
2. The esteem in which the guide is held by his/her,
the hunting community, and his/her peers.
3. Consistent willingness to ago the last mile to ensure a quality
hunting experience for his/her clients.
4. Knowledge of the country that he/she hunts and the wild game
animals inhabiting that country.
5. An unfailing sense of humor.
6. A work ethic and dedication to the health, safety, and
well-being of his/her clients.
The guide does not have to be a current member of WSF, but should be encouraged to join by their nominators. The annual G.C.F. Dalziel Outstanding Guide Award is made possible through the sponsorship of WSF Life Members Arlene & Bob Hanson.
2017 - Bruce Willis
2016 - John Rydeen
2015 - Tanner Sinclair
2014 - Kelly Wiebe
2013 - John DeVries - Scoop Lake Outfitters
2012 - Derrick Stevens - Stone Mountain Safaris
2011 - Jeremy Hatala - Gana River Outfitters
2010 - Paul Dueling - Deuling Stone Outfitters
2009 - Gene Park - Midnight Sun Outfitting LTD.
2008 - Frank Entsminger
2007 - Terry Bangart
2006 - Barry Clarke
2005 - Wayne Selby
2004 - Stan Stewart
2003 - Lee Todd
2002 - George Klein
2001 - Brent Sinclair